Follow Us!

Most Read

Stevens

What's Here and What's New

The following is a non-exhaustive list of amenities and establishments found in the Stevens neighborhood.

What's Here!

Schools/Educational

Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology

Located at 750 East King Street, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is a two year technical college that provides an education in seventeen programs.

Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is owned by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.

Edward Hand Middle School

Located at 431 South Ann Street, East Junior High School, was first opened in 1925. In 1939 the school's name was first changed to honor General Edward Hand, an Adjutant General and one of George Washington's most trusted aides during the American Revolutionary War. In 1995, the school name was again changed from Edward Hand Junior High School (housing grades 7, 8, and 9) to Edward Hand Middle School (housing grades 6, 7, and 8). Follow this link to learn more about this school.

George Washington Elementary School

Located at 545 South Ann Street, this school was built in 1932, and named after the first president of the United States. One of our many strengths and a point of pride is our wonderfully diverse student population. We serve approximately 625 students from kindergarten to fifth grade who are Hispanic, African-American, Asian, and Caucasian. Like the other twelve elementary schools in the School District of Lancaster we provide full-day kindergarten. Unique to Washington is our Suzuki violin program that starts in first grade and the school-wide use of the Boys' and Girls' Town Education Model for teaching social skills. Follow this link for more information about Washington Elementary.

Ray's Temple Chruch of God in Christ (MWS)

Houses of Worship

El Redentor United Methodist Church (548 South Ann Street)

Faith Tabernacle (665 South Ann Street)

Ray's Temple Church of God in Christ (49 South Ann Street)

Parks and Public Spaces

Grocery and Restaurants

Brothers and Sisters Restaurant (601 South Marshall Street)

V & E Mini Market #2 (12 South Marshall Street)